Coaching Applications open for the 2018 EDFL Season, as well as a Senior Football Manager
- Under 19’s
- Youth Girls/Women’s team
- Senior Football Manager
The Northern Saints Football Club is now taking applications for coaching roles across all seniors levels, seniors; reserves, thirds and Under 19’s.
Of significant importance is the role of Senior Coach for 2018. The Club seeks an individual who is suitably qualified, with coaching experience. The successful applicant must be able to play a major role in shaping the future of this proud young club, further building on great foundations laid over the past two seasons.
The applicant will be supported by a very positive committee in continuing to drive cultural change on and off field and further cementing the club as a great family club with positive aspirations for on field success in 2018 and beyond.
We seek prospective candidates that share our vision and are willing to put in the hard yards to make our current very young list better whilst assisting to further find good young footballers who would like to play in a great environment.
For the first time in 2018, the Club wish to place a Football Manager. The main role of the Football Manager is to coordinate and administer all off field activities for the senior teams. The Football Manager must ensure that all players are provided with the best support to enable them to compete and perform at the optimum level throughout the 2018 season. The Football Manager will report to the President and have key relationships with those on both the Executive and general committee as well as coaches and trainers. The Football Manager will manage all EDFL requirements with regards to player points, player contracts, names, numbers, support recruitment and list management. All applicants must have a current (working with Children’s Card)
The Club wishes to create a culture of sustainable success and we are seeking the right person to steer the Club to this end; who will set the standards required to become a solid and respected football club.
We seek the following attributes:
- Strong emphasis on player development especially with younger junior players
- Excellent communication, leadership and organisational skills necessary to build a strong club culture. This must be demonstrable.
- Very good football credentials and experience, either as a coach or player (if player must be recent experience). Must be able to demonstrate this. This is a pre-requisite.
- Ability to oversee all levels of football including recruitment with responsibility of the Open Age group including U18’s
- Engagement with the community and supporter base
- A minimum level 1 coaching accreditation and solid understanding of modern footballing trends. This is a pre-requisite.
- The ability to understand, embrace and develop the culture of the football club
- The ability to develop and implement a style of play and team plan
- Structured approach to training
- Exceptional communication skills both on and off the field
- A strong commitment to grow, develop and teach players of all ages
- The ability to shape and form a strong coaching team
- Bring a fresh, energetic, disciplined and positive approach and attitude.
The club offers:
- Very young playing list. 60% of players younger than 22. (14 teenagers have debuted in the senior squad over the past 3 seasons.
- An enthusiastic and supportive committee
- Adequate facilities with 2 ovals and a running track. Local access to Leisure Centre and pool with access to Synthetic Grass pitch for training at various times.
- Remuneration (senior coach & Football Manager) based on applicant experience and know how and what they may be able to bring to the table.
All applications should contain full details of both coaching and playing experience, plus relevant coaching accreditation. Your application should contain a clear vision and strategy of what you see as our Clubs future.
All enquiries and applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Written applications are to be submitted by email to the following:
Applications will close by the 23rd September 2017
Any inquiries feel free to call: Geoff English 0437 196 101, or Paul Bruno 0409 423 731
About the Club
The Northern Saints F.C is a small and honest, local community football club located in Fawkner, approximately 10 km North of the City of Melbourne.
The NORTHERN SAINTS FOOTBALL CLUB Inc. forms part of the Fawkner-North Coburg Sports Association Inc.
The Northern Saints F.C. has been in existence since 2007 after a merge of the Fawkner Park and North Coburg (BOPS) Football Clubs. Whilst the club is only young, it is steeped in history dating back to the early 1900’s. In its short history the club won its first EDFL Division 1 flag in 2013, 6 years after the merge. The club played finals in the preceding 3 years.
The Club is affiliated with the EDFL. It is represented by 3 senior sides, as well as an Under 19’s side. The club have 5 junior sides as well as a growing Auskick program. The club is also interested in Women’s Football and are also seeking interested people.
With over 250 players in total, of all mixed religions and races, we pride ourselves on being a diverse club who accept any person regardless of their background.
The Northern Saints F.C is proudly sponsored by a number of companies including major sponsors Brad Teal Real Estate, Bottlemart Macleod Cellars, Corcrete Constructions, Georges Pizza Fawkner and ASAP Recruitment.